If your application does not fit within the Authorised Purpose or is incomplete then the Trust will have to return your grant application to you.
We Care Community Trust Limited may make grants for any charitable purpose and any non-commercial purpose that is beneficial to the whole or a section of the community. Priority funding will be given to amateur sport, supporting youth, supporting the elderly members of our community, public health, and non-profit community cultural and arts festivals.
The above authorised purpose includes (but is not limited to) providing grants for:
- The promotion of health via participation in amateur sport, including cricket and kabaddi;
- Amateur teams’ training costs;
- Amateur players’ reasonable and necessary travel expenses, including accommodation and insurance costs associated with the travel;
- Developing the character of young people;
- Welfare assistance for people in need, e.g., assistance with funeral expenses, hospitalisation, convalescence, health aids, and the like;
- Hospital visits for the elderly;
- Public health services including education and counselling services;
- Wages and salaries where the employing body has an entirely non-commercial community or charitable purpose and provided that the payment is necessary to achieve the authorised purpose;
- The promotion, planning, organising and running of non-profit events that celebrate or involve different cultures, such as community cultural and arts festivals including cultural music festivals;
- Relieving poverty through access to advice, support and assistance for recent immigrants to New Zealand, including, without limitation:
- Counselling services;
- Health information;
- Mediation for family conflicts;
- Creating social networks; and
- Providing assistance and support for other family members who provide care for such persons.
- Celebrating religious services in public;
- Providing or maintaining grounds and buildings to be used by churches, temples or other religious organisations; and
- Provision for other not-for-profit organisations that promote community cultural education and cohesion.